Also available at Ben McNally Books
200 Pages, 6” x 9”
Social Science / Human Geography
Political Science / Public Policy / City Planning & Urban Development
Travel / Special Interest / General
MARKETING & PUBLICITY
Marketing & Publicity Contact: Matthew Bucemi
- Full PR Support Canada & U.S.
- National Media Appearance
- Speaking Tour: Canada, US, Europe
- Ten speaking engagements
- Online interviews, reviews, blog coverage
- City magazine coverage
- Review Copies to Trade & Major Media
- Extra Galleys with color covers
- Also available as an eGalley
- Pre-publication Promotion, including Goodreads and First to Read giveaways
- Newsletter Advertising Campaign, travel & urban lifestyle magazines
- Goodreads Advertising Campaign
- Facebook Advertising Campaign
- Reading Group Guide
What are cities for? How do they really work?
What makes them great — or not? What does our urban future hold?
An Urban Fixer’s Global Search for Magic in the Modern Metropolis
“There is nobody better to help us build a more perfect city than Joe Berridge…Read it if you want to help build a great city or just live in one that is more perfect for you.”
– Richard Florida, University of Toronto, Author of Rise of the Creative Class
There may not be such a thing as a perfect city, but all great cities have moments of perfection — perfect streets or buildings, perfect places to raise a family or to relax with a coffee — and all of them strive for perfection when they undertake grand projects/ Cities, more than ever, are the engines of our economies and the ecosystems in which our lives play out, which makes questions about the perfectibility of urban life all the more urgent.
Joe Berridge, one of the world’s leading urban planners, takes us on an insider’s tour of the world’s largest and most diverse cities,from New York to London, Shanghai to Singapore, Toronto to Sydney, to examine what is working and not working, what is promising and what needs to be fixed in the contemporary megalopolis. We meet the people, politicians, and thinkers at the cutting edge of global city-making, and share their struggles and successes. We visit a succession of great urban innovations, stop by many of Joe’s favorite restaurants, and leave with a startling view of the magical urban future that awaits us all.